Jennifer Fisher Jones
1104 Walnut Street
Decorah, IA 52101
Jennifer Fisher Jones is a native Iowan who graduated with honors in Studio Art from Macalester College and also holds a K12 Teaching Certification in Art from the University of Iowa. Jennifer has years of experience helping children discover their own creative capacities through after school art programs and summer art camps which she designed and taught. Jennifer’s love of contemporary art led her into galleries where she had the opportunity to serve as an art consultant in San Francisco and later Washington D.C.
Jennifer currently resides in Decorah, Iowa where she operates Mystic Sundog, LLC a studio gallery and healing arts venue.
- University of Iowa Teacher Certification: Art K-12, 1992
- City of London Polytechnic 1987
- Macalester College , Bachelor of Arts: Major: Studio Art, graduation with honors 1988 (Studied under Jerry Rudquist, Ron Gallas, Stanton Sears, Anthony Caponi)
- October 8-10 Northeast Iowa Studio Tour Exhibitor, Decorah, IA
- July 28, 2021 Art Walk, Hosted three regional artists at Mystic Sundog on a multi venue art crawl.
- July 22-September 12, 2020 Big Dogs: Large Stories, Solo Exhibition The Pump House, La Crosse, WI June 3- August 26
- July 6 Big Dogs:Large Stories, Joint Exhibition with Emmy White, Vine Arts Center, Minneapolis, MN (Postponed)
- October 11-13, 2019 Northeast Iowa Studio Tour, Exhibitor ,Decorah, IA
- September 6 -15, 2019 Elgin Fringe Festival, Collaborative Public Art Installment (Sara Peak Convery) Elgin, IL
- July 15-August 23, 2019 Big Dogs:Large Stories, Solo Exhibition, Des Moines Library Central Art Gallery, Des Moines, IA
- July 1-July 31 2019 Solo Exhibition Elmaro Vinyard, Trempealau, WI
- May 21- July 30 Man’s Best Friend Group Exhibition, Tinley Park, IL
- January 10 – February 14, 2019 Wings, Water, Wild Joint Exhibition with Cary Wyninger Heider Center
- November 17-January 15, 2019 WildRose Brewery Dyer Arts Visionaries, Small, Medium, Large (Large) Griffith, IN *Award winner Best In Show
- November 9-January 27, 2019 Sip Coffee House Dyer Arts Visionaries Small Medium Large (Medium) Highland,Lake County, IN
- November 2-January 12, 2019 Promise You Art House, Dyer Arts Visionaries Small Medium Large(Small) Highland, Lake County, IN
- October 21- March 30, 2018 Big Dogs: Large Stories, Good Dog Center, Decorah, Iowa
- August 24-September 27, 2018 Wings, Water , Wild, Joint Exhibition with Cary Wyninger Gallery M Le Crescent, MN
- June 6-July 27, 2018 Big Dogs: Large Stories Solo Exhibition Stewart Gallery, Grinnell, Iowa
- June 15-July 17, 2018 Of Wings and Water Joint Exhibition with Cary Wyninger, Arthaus, Decorah, IA
- June 1- July 27, 2018 Things That Move Group ExhibitionGallery M Le Cresenct, Mn
- April 27-28, 2018 Birds of a Feather Pop Up Group Exhibition Gallery MLe Crescent, Mn
- May 1-May 31 2018 Acoustic Cafe Of Wings and Water Joint Exhibition with Cary Wyninger, Winona, Mn
- March 2-May 4 2018 Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy Group Exhibition Shift La Crosse, WI
- February 24-April 7 2018 Group Exhibition Music and Melody Gallery M, Le Crescent, Mn
- February 9-April 2018 South Lake Artists Coop CollaborationSip Coffee House Highland, IN
- January 11-April 7 2018, South Lake Artists Co-op Re-Cycle, Wildrose Brewing Company, Griffith, Indiana
- January 5-February 17 2018 Group Exhibition, Rebirth Gallery M, Le Crescent, MN
- December 16 – March 5 2018 Group Exhibition, Saint’s Rest, Grinnell, IA
- October 13-15 2017 Exhibitor Northeast Iowa Studio Tour
- September 8-October 6, 2017 Group Exhibition, Apple of My Eye, Gallery M, Le Crescent, Mn
- August 5 -November 5, 2107 Group Exhibition, Gallery on the Lake, Lake City, WI
- May 20-July 1 2017 Solo Exhibition, Just Add Water, Gallery M, Le Crescent, Mn
- April 21-May 30 2017 Group Exhibition, Push It! Gallery M, Le Crescent, MN
- March 30-April 28 2017 Solo Exhibition, Variations on the Square, Grinnell Art Gallery, Grinnell, IA
- October 7-9 2016 Exhibitor, Northeast Iowa Studio Tour
- June ~ August 2016 Group Exhibition, In The Moonlight, Lanesboro Art Center, Lanesboro,WI
- June 3 ~ 5 2016 Northern Kettle Spring Moraine Art Tour, Elkhart Lake, WI
- April ~ June 2016 Group Exhibition, Altered States, Two Fish Gallery, Elkhart Lake, WI
- December 2015- February 2106, Grinnell College Aquatics Center, Grinnell, IA
- November 2015- May 2016, Solo Exhibition, City Hall, Decorah, IA
- October 2-4 2015, Exhibitor, Northeast Iowa Studio Tour
- May 2015 – present, Bluff Country Artists Gallery, Spring Grove, IA
- April-September 2015, Group Exhibition, Simpatico, Decorah, IA
- November 2014-March 2015, Solo Exhibition, Luther College Aquatic Center, Decorah, IA
- October-December 2014, Joint Exhibition, Douglas and Linda Paul Gallery, Englert Theater, Iowa City, IA
- September 2014, Submerged, DArt Co, Decorah, IA
- August 2014, Submerged, Grinnell Community Art Gallery, Grinnell, IA
- December 2004, Joint Exhibition, Grinnell Community Art Gallery, Grinnell, IA
Public Art Projects
- Fall 2020 Container Mural Wonderglenn, Spillville, Iowa
- Fall 2019 The CONEction Cresco, Iowa Designed and painted building facade signage incorporating business mission of connecting farms and products to consumers and their tables. Also incorporated imagery on interior of building to correspond with signage.
- Winter 2019, Wish Willy Restaurant and Rentals, Painted a mural on the side of a cabana in Caye Caulker Belize.
- Fall 2018 Humane Society of Northeast Iowa, Designed and painted 360 degree mural in the free roam cat room on premises.
- Spring 2016, Benchmarks 5.0, Iowa City Downtown District, Selected by jury to bring original art to ordinary public benches in the 5th annual beautification initiative of the downtown pedestrian mall. Iowa City, Iowa
- May 2016 and September 2016, Fall 2018, City of Decorah Parks and Recreation, Designed and created a series of four large murals at the historic outdoor community swimming pool and recreation area. Decorah, Iowa
Luther College, Decorah, IA
City of Decorah, Office of Parks and Recreation, Decorah, IA
Macalester College, St. Paul, MN
Mayflower Community, Grinnell, IA
Works held in Private Collections across the United States, Central America, Europe and Asia
Mystic Sundog LLC- Decorah, IA 2019-present Owner – Opened a downtown retail space to serve as a studio gallery and a healing arts venue. Regularly features personal artwork and that of other regional artists in special exhibitions. Hosts workshops and classes that support clients holistic well being utilizing energy healing modalities.
Fisher Jones Fine Art Decorah, IA 2014-2020 Business Owner, Artist and Exhibitor – Developed a consistent collector base for original fine art. Created branding, two websites and social media presence. Executed commissioned work for both public and private clients internationally. Regularly exhibited work in galleries and public spaces across the United States. Delivered artist presentations to public and private groups upon request.
The Clay Studio, Decorah, IA (2016-2018)
Teacher, Studio Assistant Designed, implemented and taught art classes and summer camps to youth and helped maintain the working of a publicly supported clay studio.
ArtHaus, Decorah, IA (2009-2017)
Teacher – Designed, implemented and taught art classes and summer camps at a non-profit community art center. Designed and implemented early childhood programming for ages 2-5 which focused on process based art experience.
Oneota Reading Journal, Decorah, IA (2006-2009)
Reviewer – Published as reviewer of Illustrated Children’s Literature in annually published e-journal from Decorah Public Library and Luther College.
Grinnell Area Arts Council, Grinnell, IA (2004)
Teacher – Served as art teacher at an annual summer arts program for students K-6. Worked with teachers representing different arts disciplines to create a comprehensive curriculum and end of program student performance.
P & C Fine Art, Washington, DC (1999-2001)
Art Consultant – Assisted private art collectors with selection and acquisition of art in a high end retail environment. Maintained effective presentation skills for a wide range of contemporary artists. Established smooth working dynamics with other gallery professionals in presenting well known artists to both public and private collectors with gallery openings and daily representation.
Michael Thompson Gallery, San Francisco, CA (1997-1999)
Design Consultant – Sold custom framing and fine art to corporate art consultants and interior designers. Responsible for tracking and inspecting high volume jobs in a fast paced wholesale framing facility. Developed communication with a base of local artists for display and sale of work. Coordinated biannual gallery openings for featured artists.
San Francisco Children’s Art Center, San Francisco, CA (1993-1995)
Teacher – Taught multimedia process based art classes at a premier private non –profit art school.
- Sunpoint Apprentice Certification Program Janet Sussman 5/2019 – 11/2021 Fairfield, Iowa
- Animal Energy Certification Program Lynn Mackenzie 2018-2020
- Animal Reiki Practitioner Lynn Mackenzie Sedona, Arizona 2018
- Open Gate Sangha 5 Night Silent Retreat Adyashanti 2017, 2018
- Lay Ordained Ryumonji Zen Monastery 2017 Shoken Winekoff Dorchester, Iowa
- Sunpoint Practitioner Training Jennifer Hamilton/Janet Sussman Fairfield, Iowa 2016, 2019
- Level 1,2 & 3 Reiki Practitioner Michelle Williams, Decorah, Iowa 2014-2015
- Vedic (TM) Meditation Practitioner 2010 Jennifer Hamilton Fairfield, Iowa 2010
- Deborah Koff Chapin :Touch Drawing Facilitator Workshop 2021
Janet Sussman: Creative Soul, Karma: The Great Mystery Explored, Rude Awakening, The Human Energy System, Reality of Time
Adyashanti: Taking the One Seat, Weekly Adyashanti, A Revolution of Being 2018, A Revolution of Being 2019, A Revolution of Being 2020