Jennifer Fisher Jones
1104 Walnut Street
Decorah, IA 52101
Jennifer Fisher Jones is a native Iowan whose passion is composing and creating figurative underwater scenes with oil on canvas. Jennifer graduated with honors in Studio Art from Macalester College and also holds a K-12 Teaching Certification in Art from the University of Iowa. Jennifer has years of experience helping children discover their own creative capacities through after school art programs and summer art camps which she designed and taught. Jennifer’s love of contemporary art led her into galleries where she had the opportunity to serve as an art consultant in San Francisco and later Washington D.C.
Jennifer is currently resides in Decorah, Iowa where she happily spends most of her time in the water or at the easel.
- University of Iowa Teacher Certification: Art K-12, 1992
- City of London Polytechnic 1987
- Macalester College , Bachelor of Arts: Major: Studio Art, graduation with honors 1988 (Studied under Jerry Rudquist, Ron Gallas, Stanton Sears, Anthony Caponi)
- February 24-April 7 2018 Group Exhibition Music and Melody Gallery M, Le Crescent, Mn
- February 9-April 2018 South Lake Artists Coop CollaborationSip Coffee House Highland, IN
- January 11-April 7 2018, South Lake Artists Co-op Re-Cycle, Wildrose Brewing Company, Griffith, Indiana
- January 5-February 17 2017 Group Exhibition, Rebirth Gallery M, Le Crescent, MN
- December 16 – March 5 2018 Group Exhibition, Saint’s Rest, Grinnell, IA
- October 13-15 2017 Exhibitor Northeast Iowa Studio Tour
- September 8-October 6, 2017 Group Exhibition, Apple of My Eye, Gallery M, Le Crescent, Mn
- August 5 -November 5, 2107 Group Exhibition, Gallery on the Lake, Lake City, WI
- May 20-July 1 2017 Solo Exhibition, Just Add Water, Gallery M, Le Crescent, Mn
- April 21-May 30 2017 Group Exhibition, Push It! Gallery M, Le Crescent, MN
- March 30-April 28 2017 Solo Exhibition, Variations on the Square, Grinnell Art Gallery, Grinnell, IA
- October 7-9 2016 Exhibitor, Northeast Iowa Studio Tour
- June ~ August 2016 Group Exhibition, In The Moonlight, Lanesboro Art Center, Lanesboro,WI
- June 3 ~ 5 2016 Northern Kettle Spring Moraine Art Tour, Elkhart Lake, WI
- April ~ June 2016 Group Exhibition, Altered States, Two Fish Gallery, Elkhart Lake, WI
- December 2015- February 2106, Grinnell College Aquatics Center, Grinnell, IA
- November 2015- May 2016, Solo Exhibition, City Hall, Decorah, IA
- October 2-4 2015, Exhibitor, Northeast Iowa Studio Tour
- May 2015 – present, Bluff Country Artists Gallery, Spring Grove, IA
- April-September 2015, Group Exhibition, Simpatico, Decorah, IA
- November 2014-March 2015, Solo Exhibition, Luther College Aquatic Center, Decorah, IA
- October-December 2014, Joint Exhibition, Douglas and Linda Paul Gallery, Englert Theater, Iowa City, IA
- September 2014, Submerged, DArt Co, Decorah, IA
- August 2014, Submerged, Grinnell Community Art Gallery, Grinnell, IA
- December 2004, Joint Exhibition, Grinnell Community Art Gallery, Grinnell, IA
Public Art Projects
- Spring 2016, Benchmarks 5.0, Iowa City Downtown District, Selected by jury to bring original art to ordinary public benches in the 5th annual beautification initiative of the downtown pedestrian mall. Iowa City, Iowa
- May 2016 and September 2016, City of Decorah Parks and Recreation, Designed and created a series of four large murals at the historic outdoor community swimming pool and recreation area. Decorah, Iowa
Luther College, Decorah, IA
City of Decorah, Office of Parks and Recreation, Decorah, IA
Macalester College, St. Paul, MN
Mayflower Community, Grinnell, IA
Works held in Private Collections across the United States, Asia and Central America
The Clay Studio, Decorah, IA (2016-2018)
Teacher, Studio Assistant Designed, implemented and taught art classes and summer camps to youth and helped maintain the working of a publicly supported clay studio.
ArtHaus, Decorah, IA (2009-2017)
Teacher – Designed, implemented and taught art classes and summer camps at a non-profit community art center. Designed and implemented early childhood programming for ages 2-5 which focused on process based art experience.
Oneota Reading Journal, Decorah, IA (2006-2009)
Reviewer – Published as reviewer of Illustrated Children’s Literature in annually published e-journal from Decorah Public Library and Luther College.
Grinnell Area Arts Council, Grinnell, IA (2004)
Teacher – Served as art teacher at an annual summer arts program for students K-6. Worked with teachers representing different arts disciplines to create a comprehensive curriculum and end of program student performance.
P & C Fine Art, Washington, DC (1999-2001)
Art Consultant – Assisted private art collectors with selection and acquisition of art in a high end retail environment. Maintained effective presentation skills for a wide range of contemporary artists. Established smooth working dynamics with other gallery professionals in presenting well known artists to both public and private collectors with gallery openings and daily representation.
Michael Thompson Gallery, San Francisco, CA (1997-1999)
Design Consultant – Sold custom framing and fine art to corporate art consultants and interior designers. Responsible for tracking and inspecting high volume jobs in a fast paced wholesale framing facility. Developed communication with a base of local artists for display and sale of work. Coordinated biannual gallery openings for featured artists.
San Francisco Children’s Art Center, San Francisco, CA (1993-1995)
Teacher – Taught multimedia process based art classes at a premier private non –profit art school.